Are you an oral hygiene superstar? Do you take care of your teeth day in and day out? If you thought no, then there are many things you should be doing to ensure your oral health. If you are not practicing every single day on your oral hygiene, damage can occur to your teeth and gums. Harmful bacteria that seek to destroy your teeth don’t take time off, so neither should you. Take the following quiz to see how you stack up:
– True or False: Most dentists recommend brushing teeth for 2 minutes, twice daily
– True or False: For better oral hygiene, you should eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups
– True or False: You should visit your dentist every six months for oral exams and professional cleanings,
– True or False: The dentists at Smiley Dental Camp Bowie are real-life oral health care superheroes.
– Question: Which of the following foods can cause plaque buildup which can promote tooth decay: cookies, chewy candy, sour-flavored sweets, fudge brownies, or sugary sodas?
Answer: All of the above
If you answered all five questions correctly, congratulations, you are on the fast-track to oral hygiene superstardom! However, it is not nearly enough to only know safe dental procedures. You must practice them as well.
The more you keep working on your oral health, the better condition your teeth and gums can be. If you wish to come in for a professional cleaning or an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. Lynh Pham by contacting our wonderful dentists at Smiley Dental Camp Bowie via phone at 817.916.4343. You can also stop by our office in Ft. Worth, Texas, and enjoy your next evening with a smile!